Friday, February 23, 2018

1.17.18

















38 weeks pregnant and I felt a little impatient and couldn't be more "ready." I had everything set at home (nested like a crazy) and was packed for his arrival. A couple days went by and those days were slow. I sat there struggling and kind of aloof from everything because I was just ready for baby to just get here and to start this next phase of life we had been preparing for. Also, I was over the wobbling and discomfort. I was a little dilated and effaced. Then January 16th came, I had a contraction here and there every few hours and into the night Zach and I were watching the last few episodes of White Collar, I ate some leftovers because I had a feeling I was going to go into labor. Around midnight the consistent contractions started. They started coming every 5 minutes and were getting a little stronger. 1 a.m. came and we were ready to do this thing. I called my mom and she quickly came to spend the night as she was anticipating this moment.

We headed to the hospital and my contractions remained consistent and stronger. My labor nurse walked in and I recognized her from college. Haha she was one of my roommates' cousins! Crazy and she was so good! I was glad I had her. Contractions continued and they let me stay. We were having this baby! My Dr came in an hour and half or so later and came to break my water. I already had the epidural going btw, but he and the nurse and not even kidding like two minutes later or less I had the STRONG urge to push. I held it in, yikes hahaha. I tried pushing the nurse button, but I think I pushed the wrong one but it was ok because a couple minuted later my nurse walked back in and I told her I had a really strong urge to push and she checked me and I was fully dilated and ready to go! Everyone came in, set up and I pushed when they told me to and baby was already coming so my Dr told me to slow and ease my pushing. He also said the baby had a full head of hair, but it didn't even phase me because I thought he would be like his brothers, but my Dr wasn't kidding! Baby Sloan Zachary Harding was born within 2 minutes! 7 lbs 1 oz (just like his oldest brother) and 19 inches of perfection and with the thickest hair just like I had when I was a baby.

It was a very special day and we were in heaven with our fresh new babe. His brothers were elated and SO excited to come meet him! It's one of my favorite things about this life. We had some visitors at the hospital and Sloan got to meet his cutest and only cousin who was just born 2 months before. All of us especially loved the cookies and unlimited soda from the hospital haha.

All in all, our family is so in love with Sloan and my heart is full.









No comments:

Post a Comment