Friday, January 5, 2018

New Year - Living the Abundant Life by President Thomas S. Monson





On Tuesday night, Zach and I were having a weekly counsel planning out our week and goals. We then ended with reading, Living the Abundant Life, by President Monson. Just what I needed to hear! We went on with our regular bath and bedtime routine with Hudson and James. I went out to the movies with some girlfriends and came home to see the news on KSL that President Monson had passed away. I've loved seeing what my friends and other members of the church have had to say about this influential man. I love his humor, love for sports and his example of service. Thinking of him puts a smile on my face and increases my desire to be a little more service-oriented.


Thanksgiving 2013, Hudson 1 month w Grandma Brown
The other day us visiting Grandma with Mimi.

Then today, my husband's Grandma Brown (our sweet Grandma Brown) passed away, just a little less than a month after her husband's passing in early December. She too was an example of service and love. She came to the hospital to visit us each time we had a baby and would cook us a meal. She came to every birthday party for my kids. Grandpa Brown helped lay down heavy sod in our backyard in the summer of 2016. They always made sure to invite my mom and brothers to family events. They were always there for us and they loved all of their family! I feel honored to be a part of it. I am happy they are reunited together! The definition of sweet and true love. These memories and thinking of them together again puts tears to my eyes. I am so grateful we got to live nearby them and that my boys have memories with them as well. They really became my grandparents too.

In the last 6 months, some important people in our lives have passed and gone to the next life. I don't think it's a coincidence. They must be having some party up there! But I can't help to think there must be some important work up there that needs to be done, so some really valiant people are needed. I hope to live up to their legacy! I am so thankful for the knowledge of this true Gospel and for the Plan of Salvation. There is peace in knowing that families are forever and we will see them all again. ❤️❤️❤️❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment