Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Chokers for less than $1




This is a way to make a trend simple and inexpensive!








When I saw chokers were coming back watching Kardashians and during last spring, I was like seriously? I loved it!! But couldn't believe how much they were being sold for! Immediately I was like, "but you can buy that exact same ribbon from JoAnn Fabrics!" And probably even better quality too than the ones from Forever 21! I haven't purchased one choker from a shop. All my chokers cost less than a $1 and my lace one was $3!

Go to the ribbon section at a fabric store and you will see. They have suede and velvet types and all kinds of colors. You can get cord and leather cord to have the ones that tie around your neck more than once. Buy enough length for around your neck a couple inches extra. To save even more I just tie a knot on the back of my neck! This way I can adjust comfort and it's so easy to put on and take off. I tie a square knot. :) My hair is usually down when I wear one, but they are definitely cute with an up-do as well. Ponytails and low buns hide the knot too! 

If you want a tutorial on how to add an adjustable chain to them and be more official, let me know! And I will make one. Those are just a couple dollars more.

My lace choker I button on because there was big enough holes to loop through and stay put comfortably, I just sewed it on in one end then cut off the excess lace on the other end after I made sure there was enough room around my neck.



To ensure you get a real good deal, download the JoAnn Fabric App and RetailMeNot App before you head to the store so you can get 50% off an already inexpensive purchase. Hope you love!

xo




1 comment:

  1. I DO love! Going to try this out myself. Tutorial would be great too.

    ReplyDelete