Wednesday, December 14, 2016

How to save big time on your Christmas cards!







So let me explain how I was able to get such a good deal on my Christmas Cards this year! I knew I wanted a simple text on it because that’s my style, so I found a font I liked online (Pinterest to be exact) and downloaded it to my computer. I used Adobe Photoshop to write the text on my photo and saved the file.  Since it was my own custom card, I was able to print it out as a regular 4 x 6 photo! That’s the main trick, 4 x 6 will be the best deal! If you go a size up, its almost the same as the Christmas cards they offer. You can go to Costco or Walmart and print them out there for $0.06 each! That’s 40 Christmas cards for only $6!!! Or 80 for $12!!! :O

If you prefer your card printed on cardstock which is what I did one year, you can go to a local print shop to print them on the different paper options they offer. I love that look, but only saves a little money compared to the cards you can get from other popular places that have nice paper options.

If Photoshop isn't an option, you can still print your family pictures the same way (4 x 6) and add a little note printed from a computer or handwritten note if you don’t mind taking the time. Or try websites that let you add text to your photos!

I feel good about the route I took this year because I was able to buy more and spread the love to more people I love!  Plus, I saved money which is great so it could go towards buying gifts for family or donations for this time of year. I was also able to order mine online and pick them up at the store when I went grocery shopping (another huge plus for this momma). Hope you found this helpful!


Happiest Holidays from us to you!

xx




4 comments:

  1. GREAT IDEAS!!! Wow, who would have thought you could make such good-looking Christmas cards for such a low price! I'm going to be sure to use this idea for my family in the future. Thank you La fruGAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Photoshop isn't an option, you can download a free program online called Photofiltre. It's super easy to use and works great for basic photo editing such as adding text. I use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! I knew there had to be another way. Thanks so much for the suggestion!!

      Delete